Chennai High Court
High Court Building is situated at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road, just north of St.George fort. An example of Indo Saracenic architecture, this complex houses High Court, the Small Cause's Court and the City Civil Court. Built in 1892, under the guidance of the famed architect Henry Irwin, this building is believed to be the second largest judicial complex in the world. The red sand stone construction, ornamental decorations on the walls, stained glass windows and minarets add beauty to this building. The compound has a pyramid shape tomb which belongs to the only son of Elihu Yale, who died in infancy. A fine example is Court No 13 which has stained glass, fretted wood work, carved furniture, silvered panels and a painted ceiling. Near the High Court building is the city's second lighthouse tower and the highest point in the Court building once housed the third lighthouse.